When I wrapped up the recording session, I went back to my office and saw that there were some notes from Aubrey concerning the preshow and intermission music. He asked to cut “Poison” by Bel Biv Devoe and “Mysterious Ways” by U2. I thought the U2 track was guaranteed, so I had Bob record some pieces with him specifically mentioning the song.
Aubrey also requested that we include The Weather Girls’ “It’s Raining Men” and Billy Joel’s “River of Dreams.” A little bit of research yielded that “River of Dreams” wasn’t recorded until 1993 and “It’s Raining Men” came late, late disco right around 1981. The recordings that Bob did mentioned a “One Hit Wonder Weekend” and “The70’s at 7” but where Aubrey requested The Weather Girls doesn’t jive with either of those scenarios.
I currently have an e-mail out to him making him aware of the anachronisms and the eventuality of re-recording if he wants these pieces in and “Mysterious Ways” out…but I’m not holding my breath.
No comments:
Post a Comment