My asst. designer and I met with the director at noon. While the main crux of the meeting was discussing sound cues, we had a lot of things to speak about. I had prepared a list of sound cues with questions on the sheet so Aubrey could look down the list and start answering things. Many of the questions about whether something is sourcing from stage left or stage right will not be answered until more staging is accomplished.
We did find out that we need to add at least one more loudspeaker in the house to fill out the crowd effect at the club. Aubrey asked us to talk to props about the need for six wireless handheld dummy mics. I also told Aubrey that he can plan on us adding a couple of mics on the third level where Ethan and Malcolm have their song.
I also pitched the idea that Malcolm has picked out a specific song to listen to while he tries to asphyxiate himself. Aubrey was open to the idea, so I told him I would get him some things to listen to.
Aubrey engaged me for the last five minutes or so about the mess surrounding tech for us and the Friday rehearsal previous to that. He kept pressing me about it, and I felt like I handled it well considering. I expressed that we wanted that Friday to be productive time for as many areas as possible, and that we're just trying to ensure that the sound is great by opening night. We left the meeting with an understanding that it would need to be discussed on the Tuesday meeting.
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment